Weight loss through biofeedback therapy
Your whole body is made out of energy that is constantly flowing. Your body will use this energy accordingly depending on your bioenergetics balance.
How does weight loss occur?
The only way to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficit, in other words burn more calories than you ingest. A simple way of getting started is determining what your basal metabolic rate is and subtracting 500 calories. One kilogram of pure fat has an energetic value of approximately 9000 calories, in this way losing one kilogram will take 18 days, but keep in mind this deficit can be increased gradually through:
- Increasing energy expenditure
- Decreasing calories
- Adapting diet to feel satiated in a deficit
What impact does Biofeedback Therapy have on weight loss?
Through Biofeedback Therapy your ability to channel your energy towards weight loss is enhanced through multiple ways:
- Increased oxygenation that results in faster fat mobilization through lipolysis
- More efficient use of nutrients to sustain hormones that have a key role in health and weight loss such as testosterone and oestrogen
- Mental clarity to allow you to exercise for longer at a higher intensity
What is a healthy weight?
A healthy weight varies from person to person depending on their biological factors such as height, age and potential morbidities.
Generally, a healthy weight is considered that of a BMI ranging from 18.5 to 24.9.
Overcoming struggles of losing weight
Some people due to underlying conditions are struggling to lose weight. Whether that is hypothyroid, eating habits, alcohol consumption, the majority of these factors can be controlled to a smaller or larger extent.